Friday, February 4, 2011

Snowpocalypse in the South

I know I said that I wouldn't be updating this blog until after Ocala. However, as I sit inside watching 4+ inches of snow fall on the already ice-ridden landscape of North Texas, I find myself going stir crazy. This is now our fourth day of confinement, with classes canceled and a consistent layer of ice keeping me from trying to drive anywhere. I probably would have updated my blog every single day, if I'd had anything to say besides "I'm bored!" Unfortunately for me, I now have something to say.

(The view from my porch.)


Whereas before the forecast for next week was cold but clear, a wintry mix has now come into the picture for Wednesday, and Wednesday only. Which of course is the day that I am to fly to Orlando for Ocala II. And while snow or rain by themselves wouldn't cause any problems, wintry mix usually means ICE. So, so frustrating. I could possibly move my flight earlier to Tuesday (for more $$ and less convenience with classes), but it's potentially very problematic for me.

In the meantime, I'm keeping an eye on the weather for the next couple of days in hopes that it changes. Cross your fingers for the wintry mix being delayed!



No comments:

Post a Comment